Looking for a job can be a difficult experience. You want to be more than hired, you want to be in demand. In an earlier article, I wrote about creating an infographic resume to stand out. Combine an infographic resume, cover letter, networking with a portfolio and you not only increase your visibility but you will add value to your name/brand becoming a complete impressive package.
I myself have created a number of portfolios to become more marketable. I have created the traditional book, a website, and now a video to showcasing my work. Each aspect has its place however, I always reference my video. Why add a video portfolio? There are several reasons:
- Videos are sharable. Hiring managers and clients can share your portfolio instantly with other managers or potential clients without waiting. Bringing more hiring opportunities.
- Videos can do part of your networking for you. How many times have you been asked “Do you know a person who can create…” A video can help you be that go to person. Rest assured a great portfolio video will be shared and you will get calls.
- Videos are easy to understand. A portfolio video provides a summary of your work in all of its glory showing your versatility, this includes the ability to create the video itself.
- Videos drive decisions with a strong call to action. At the end of my video you will notice the call to action (CTA) CONTACT ME. Even if there is no position now, a strong CTA will prompt a person to contact you. You can then contact this client in the future for possible employment.
- Videos work well in the mobile market. Have you tried to read a pdf on the phone? Think about a busy client trying view your portfolio on your website. Not super difficulty but there will be scrolling. Now think of sending a video portfolio, one click and the client will see your showcase. Quick and easy.
Make yourself more marketable create a video portfolio.
If you need a graphic and web designer with skills that also include, photography, photo manipulation and restoration, branding and packaging, CONTACT ME. I am your person.